- The middle school provides entry into the world of technology with its' networked computer lab, Media Center Research areas and Educational Technology courses. Computers help students develop critical thinking skills, explore careers, and to apply technology in learning experiences.
- Algebra I, Spanish I and French I (all high school courses!) are available to academically advanced eighth grade students.
- Special Education and Intervention assistance is available to those in need. 'Least Restrictive Environments' are offered through Inclusion or Resource room settings.
- Celebrations of SUCCESS include Blue Ribbon Breakfasts, Luncheons and Potlucks, and the POWER PAWS Program.
- Our ELP Program (Expanded Learning Program) is a state funded program for identified gifted students. The ELP teacher utilizes in-class enrichment as well as 'pull-out' sessions where applicable.
Fairbanks Middle School offers our students a growing list of opportunities for growth and development; physically and academically. Depending on the age of the student, one might choose and/or apply to become involved in:
- Cross Country
- ELP (Expanded Learning Program - Gifted Education)
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Library Worker
- National Junior Honor Society
- Newspaper / Yearbook
- Office Worker
- Peer Tutoring
- POWER of the PEN
- Show Choir
- Ski ClubSoftball
- Student Council
- Y.E.S. Club